Last Updated: April 3, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us. At TrustOnCloud, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We follow different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing TrustOnCloud Offerings to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to TrustOnCloud Offerings.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with TrustOnCloud Offerings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We will not sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve TrustOnCloud Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide TrustOnCloud Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver TrustOnCloud Offerings and process transactions related to TrustOnCloud Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve TrustOnCloud Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop TrustOnCloud Offerings. We do save billing information in case you want to order from us again, but we won’t use this information again without your permission.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend TrustOnCloud Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with TrustOnCloud Offerings. We also use it to make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to TrustOnCloud Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote TrustOnCloud Offerings. We might display interest-based ads for TrustOnCloud Offerings.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, TrustOnCloud, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks. Purposes for
- Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
- Recognizing you when you sign in use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specific preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our offerings. TrustOnCloud cookies allow you to take advantage of some of essential TrustOnCloud features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you might not be able to use certain offerings that require you to sign in, or you might have to manually adjust some preferences or language settings every time you visit TrustOnCloud sites.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
How We Share Personal Information
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through TrustOnCloud Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release Account Information and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of TrustOnCloud, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
Inside the TrustOnCloud, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in Singapore or any other country. Depending on the scope of your interactions with TrustOnCloud Offerings, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States and Singapore.
How We Secure Information
At TrustOnCloud, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from TrustOnCloud websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. We also take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Access and Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with TrustOnCloud Offerings. You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many TrustOnCloud Offerings include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain TrustOnCloud Offerings.
- Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please request it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe or adjust your communication preferences by sending your request to email@example.com. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children’s Personal Information
We don’t provide any TrustOnCloud Offerings for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use TrustOnCloud Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Retention of Personal Information
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you interact with TrustOnCloud Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information to us when you: search for, subscribe to, or purchase TrustOnCloud Offerings; create or administer your TrustOnCloud account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using TrustOnCloud Offerings); configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with TrustOnCloud Offerings; register for or attend an TrustOnCloud event; communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms; employ notification services.
Depending on your use of TrustOnCloud Offerings, you might supply us with such information as: your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information; payment information, including credit card and bank account information; information about your location; information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization; usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information; content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us; your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend an TrustOnCloud event; information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information; corporate and financial information; and VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
We collect information automatically when you: visit, interact with, or use TrustOnCloud Offerings (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with TrustOnCloud Offerings); download content from us; open emails or click on links in emails from us; and interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend an TrustOnCloud event or when you request customer support).
Examples of the information we automatically collect include: network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider; computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting; the location of your device or computer; authentication and security credential information; content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads; TrustOnCloud Offerings metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time) and TrustOnCloud Offerings, content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and identifiers and information contained in cookies.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information; subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us, our affiliates; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through TrustOnCloud Offerings include: your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information; usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information; your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history; payment settings, such as payment instrument information and billing preferences; tax information; email communication and notification settings
April 3, 2020: Initial release